About Me

maker, creative, living lightly, local, craft, minimalism, and taking joy in the small things

Thursday 29 May 2008

How to make Japanese girls squeal (louder than usual)

Making J girls squeal is not that difficult... hello kitty figures, purikura (sticker photos) and photos from Bangladesh have all done that job in the past. However, today's squealing was slightly unexpected.

In class today we were writing our diaries (I got up at 7am, ate breakfast etc) and at the end of the class the students each had to ask me a question. For some reason 1 girl asked me "what time do you take a shower" and when I said "sometimes in the evening, sometimes in the morning" the kids started squealing. Then I was asked "Do you wash your hair everyday?" and I said no, I wash my hair 3 times a week and that caused more uproar. I couldn't figure out a way to explain that my hair is now long because I am too nervous to go to the hairdresser in Hagi in case I end up with hair only 2 inches all over my head!

Finally the last question was "What fragrance is your shampoo treatment?" I answered lemon, and luckily the bell went because the kids were squealing - "remon, remon!!!!" like I was crazy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hee hee, remon, remon!
I love Japan!

Xavier said...

I know another way to make J-girls squeal. And it's much more interesting than talking about shampoo.